ASSISTED LIVING AT COVENANT WOODS IN HANOVER COUNTY, VIRGINIA
Sometimes, empowered living takes just a little help.
At Covenant Woods, assisted living is designed to empower each resident’s maximum level of independence by providing personalized assistance with daily tasks. Whether it’s support with clothing and hygiene; remembering to take medications; laundry and housekeeping; or other tasks, the right help at just the right time isn’t just practical in the physical sense. It can also restore the self-esteem and sense of purpose your loved one may have lost while struggling to manage on their own. Plus, assisted living residents have access to all the amenities, dining venues, and programs offered at Covenant Woods.
Private rooms provide the personal space we all deserve.
We believe everyone deserves privacy and a place to call their own. Each resident in assisted living at Covenant Woods’ Manor East enjoys a private room with plenty of living space to relax or spend time with guests. Residents are encouraged to bring furniture and décor from home and make their rooms truly personal. Well-behaved pets are also welcome. Each of our 39 private assisted living rooms includes:
- Private bath with large walk-in shower (handicapped accessible)
- Large windows and plenty of natural light
- Individually controlled lighting, heating, and air conditioning
- Cable television and Wi-Fi service
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Emergency call system
Assisted Living Services and Amenities
- 39 private assisted living rooms
- Individualized service plan focusing on health and wellness
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- Medication management
- Dedicated dining area serving three delicious meals each day with an additional grab-and-go café available 24/7
- Access to all restaurants on Covenant Woods’ campus
- Comfortable common areas with televisions
- Quiet corner nooks for reading or conversation
- Four-season sunrooms flooded with natural light from large windows that open to let in the fresh breezes
- Outdoor courtyard with poured-rubber surface for a softer step
- Planned social, cultural, educational, recreational, and spiritual activities
- Scheduled transportation*
- Recreational trips and outings
- Laundry rooms for personal laundry to promote independence
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Salon services*
- On-site physician services*
- Spiritual care services
- Personal emergency response system
*Additional fee applies
Frequently Asked Questions
What is assisted living?
Assisted living is a level of care designed to provide personalized assistance with activities of daily living while empowering the resident to remain as independent as his or her abilities allow. At Covenant Woods, this combines individualized care; a comfortable, safe, and nurturing environment specifically designed to accommodate the needs of older adults; daily meals and snacks; and engaging programs and activities. In addition, ongoing wellness evaluations ensure that each resident’s care plan keeps pace with his or her changing needs.
How do I know when someone I love needs assisted living?
- Poor mobility or an increase in falls
- Difficulty performing tasks such as bathing, dressing, grooming, or using the toilet
- Forgetting to take medication or taking too much or too little
- Difficulty preparing meals
- Noticeable weight loss or weight gain
- Neglecting housekeeping or household maintenance
- Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed or other signs of depression
What if my loved one needs more care than is provided in assisted living?
This is where our on-site continuum of care comes in. In addition to assisted living, Manor East at Covenant Woods offers memory support for those with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, as well as short- and long-term skilled nursing care. If a resident’s needs change, he or she may be able to receive the additional care required without having to leave Covenant Woods. Since our caring, compassionate staff works so closely with each resident and his or her family and conducts ongoing wellness evaluations, any issues can be identified early, and a plan put in place.
While residents of Covenant Woods always have guaranteed priority admission to all our levels of health care, new residents are admitted on a space-available basis.
PERSONALIZED MEMORY SUPPORT
For individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia, memory support at Covenant Woods focuses on creating meaningful connections.
SKILLED NURSING CARE
Covenant Woods offers compassionate, long-term skilled nursing care with 24-hour supervision in a modern, inviting environment.